TECNI CPC-20A Hydraulic Wire Rope Cutter 16mm - 101.000.020
- This cutter gives a clean cut without squashing.
- Very easy to use with minimal effort
- Spring loaded quick release catch
- Supplied with carrying case
- Replacement blades, spare kits and tool servicing are all available.
Heavy Duty Hydraulic Cutter for cutting electrical cable up to 20mm diameter, 6 strand wire rope up to 16mm diameter and 1x19 steel strand up to 12mm diameter. These cutters are designed to cut Maximum 1960N/mm2 (1960 MPa) Tensile Strength Non-Compacted Steel Wire Rope. Cutting higher tensile or compacted wire ropes is not recommended and will significantly reduce the lifespan of the cutters and invalidate the product warranty.
The cutting head rotates 180 degrees to allow you cut comfortably in awkward positions. It has a two speed action and a safety valve which automatically releases when the maximum pressure (5.5t) is reached.
Replacement blades available here
Applications & Advice
These cutters are designed to cut Maximum 1960N/mm2 (1960 MPa) Tensile Strength Non-Compacted Steel Wire Rope. Cutting higher tensile or compacted wire ropes is not recommended and will significantly reduce the lifespan of the cutters and invalidate the product warranty.
Using a wire rope cutter ensures that the cable retains a consistent circular cross section which simplifies threading into fittings & speeds up production considerably
Recommended Grade of Oil: ISO 32 Hydraulic Oil.
Spare cutter blades available.
Using the Tool
- (1) Turn the On/Off Valve to the Off position to ensure full blade opening.
- (2) Open release catch to open the blades or feed cable through the cutting head.
- (3) Ensure that the cable is kept at 90 degrees to the blade during cutting.
- (4) Severe cutting angles can damage the tool and the cutting blade.
- (5) Turn the On/Off Valve to the On position and pump the handle to advance the cutting blade.
- (6) To protect the tool it has a cut out feature when maximum pressure is reached.
- (7) Stay within the maximum cutting capacity of the tool as listed in the table above.
- (8) Keep the cutter head clean using a spray type lubricant like WD40 or equivalent.
Material: Metal Body & Handle = Pressed Painted Steel
Head = Zinc Plated Cast Steel
Blades = Hardened Steel
Plastic Handle = Moulded PVC