TECNI CPC-20A Hydraulic Wire Rope Cutter 16mm - 101.000.020
Applications & Advice
These cutters are designed to cut Maximum 1960N/mm2 (1960 MPa) Tensile Strength Non-Compacted Steel Wire Rope. Cutting higher tensile or compacted wire ropes is not recommended and will significantly reduce the lifespan of the cutters and invalidate the product warranty.
Using a wire rope cutter ensures that the cable retains a consistent circular cross section which simplifies threading into fittings & speeds up production considerably
Recommended Grade of Oil: ISO 32 Hydraulic Oil.
Spare cutter blades available.
Using the Tool
- (1) Turn the On/Off Valve to the Off position to ensure full blade opening.
- (2) Open release catch to open the blades or feed cable through the cutting head.
- (3) Ensure that the cable is kept at 90 degrees to the blade during cutting.
- (4) Severe cutting angles can damage the tool and the cutting blade.
- (5) Turn the On/Off Valve to the On position and pump the handle to advance the cutting blade.
- (6) To protect the tool it has a cut out feature when maximum pressure is reached.
- (7) Stay within the maximum cutting capacity of the tool as listed in the table above.
- (8) Keep the cutter head clean using a spray type lubricant like WD40 or equivalent.
Dimensions & Drawings
Material: Metal Body & Handle = Pressed Painted Steel
Head = Zinc Plated Cast Steel
Blades = Hardened Steel
Plastic Handle = Moulded PVC