TECNI 4mm Cable Balustrade System with Length & Terminal Options
Applications & Advice
Find out more information about all our balustrade systems -
- A top rail, capable of withstanding a compressive load, should be fitted to help absorb the considerable force exerted by the cables on the end posts. Without one the posts are likely to fall in and the cable to go slack.
- When drilling your posts and anchor points, the following sizes apply for the M6 system:
- Intermediate post clearance holes: wire size +1mm.
- Wooden anchor points - Pilot hole of 4mm
- Steel anchor points. Drill 5mm hole and Tap M6
- If tapping into metal posts, ensure the tapping tool is straight in all planes. The angle at which the 5mm holes are drilled into the posts is critical. Be sure that the measurement point and position of the holes are correct.
- For the best look, when screwing the studs into the posts ensure the depth of the stud and the amount of visible thread is the same for each stud all the way down the post.
- For correct tensioning using 75mm (3 in) spacings the cable should not deflect to more than 100mm (4 in). If you have the means to test it, tension the cables to 102kgf (225lbs) per cable
Note: You should always check with your local planning office to confirm that horizontal wires will be allowed